This tool is used for creating common pick-up/delivery points from stations that is located close to each other within a certain walking distance.
It is used to collect passengers at a certain point/stop rather than going directly to each passenger’s addresses.
Especially, it can be used for passenger freight service examples.
The following steps should be followed in order to create common pick-up/delivery points from stations:
- Make sure that you have imported your stations into logvrp.
- In "Stations" tab click Create Stops.
- Then "Create Stops" window will be opened.
- You should specify Max Walking Distance of a passenger to the common pick-up/delivery points.
- logvrp will calculate mid-points by using Max Walking Distance and Max Vehicle Capacity. This mid-points are common pick-up and collection locations for passengers who are in arrange of Max Walking Distance.
- Common pick-up/delivery points will be created with “Green" color as a station.